Monday, April 28, 2008

Daddy Time

Zoe continues to do well today. We are still waiting for her system to start moving food through her belly - hopefully that will happen soon. Yesterday, she got a clean condo and Neil got to hold her while they were changing that out. He held her for about 40 minutes or so. She was perfectly content the entire time. She had her eyes wide open and was looking around, checking everything out and truly enjoying her time being held. She fell soundly asleep after about 20 minutes. Her heart rate came down, her breathing leveled out, and she was very peaceful. It is a good sign that she tolerates being held well. Of course, I forgot my camera, so I didn't get the first picture of that, but we'll have to recreate it in the future, many times.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You two are such great parents!

Charlotte said...

So glad to hear she's doing well today. Hope you get to change a diaper soon.

Mike_Barbara said...

That is so sweet. Keep going Zoe!

jon & chris said...

What a special time for daddy. Looking forward to seeing a picture soon. And hearing about a poopy diaper.
We continue to pray for you all.

Barry said...

This post made my day. The first daddy time is such a great moment. I'm so happy for you guys. Go Zoe!

peggystern said...

It is such fun to read these latest posts, as you two begin to relax and enjoy yourselves; you deserve lots of joy. Keep up the good work, Zoe, we are all pulling for you.

Unknown said...

Hi Margo, Neil, and Zoe. You're in my thoughts and thank you for the blog to keep us updated...you guys rock that you have energy for your family, friends and fellow coworkers too. You are all troopers and amazing!! It was great to hear that Zoe got some dad time! hugs, Lynne McWhorter

Unknown said...

yah!!! This is great news. much love, myra

Kahrs said...

Ooooooo.....I can't wait to meet little miss Z! We are so happy for you guys. XOXO, Lex, Brock and Kahrs

Unknown said...

Margo, it's great to hear your voice and personality in your posts. it's makes me so happy for you and neil to read about these good times.
tracy

Phil said...

That is such good news. Keep it up, all of you.

Erin Leigh said...

Hi... my name is Erin, I work with Stacy Breer (I think she said that you guys played soccer together) Stacy told me about your blog when you started it... I just wanted you to know that I also have been sending MANY prayers your way!

Pam Montgomery said...

Terrific! Neil, I hope you were flying -- the mental picture put tears in our eyes again. Know you soaked up every minute of that precious time. We're still constatanly sending postitive energy into the Universe for you all -- good thoughts from Julie and family as well tonight. Love, Uncle Pat and Pam

Unknown said...

How exciting for Neil! We know you both cherish each little blessing like this. We are thrilled that Zoe is doing well! You're all in our prayers. Dean, Crista & Rhys