Friday, April 4, 2008

Poopy Diapers

It is kind of weird to get excited about poop, but we are. Both have had blow outs that I changed. Margo has the amazing sense of awareness to check the diapers when there is nothing there. Poop is significant in that food is working its way through their systems. Zoe gained weight today, and Sawyer stayed about the same after two days of gains. The nurses said that they will gain weight for a day or two, then lose a little bit as it (poop) leaves their system. This all points to more positive signs that their systems are working and processing foods. We hope this continues and they are able to begin to pack on weight. We will keep you updated.

7 comments:

Pam, aka Nana said...

Personally, I love poopy diapers and am very adept at changing them. I am longing to change their diapers...in time. (I'm sure you'll be reminding me I said this!)
Love, Nana

Kahrs said...

Pooping rocks! Filling my diaper is the best part of the day, especially when it makes my mommy gag. Keep up the good work Zoe and Sawyer. Love, Kahrs

Unknown said...

Poop-ee is an all-consuming parental thought. About the time you quit thinking about it, Zoe and Sawyer will do nothing but talk about it. I am so happy to hear that their bitty GI tracts are doing their thing. :) love- deborah

Abby Wojcikiewicz said...

I love poop! Good work little ones!
Lots of Love,
Abby W.

bruce said...

punky, margo, and scroggs!
I can't tell you how happy Iam to read this blogg and see how up beat and positive you are. Those kids have spunk (and poo I guess). I can only imagine what you have been thru and our strongest poo poo powers are headed your way. Congratulations
bruce, hilk, finn, (baby sour)

Pam Montgomery said...

Go, go Zoe and Sawyer . . . your parents are just beginning to appreciate the high importance that poop will have in their lives for several years. Help them with their education by giving them lots to work with!!
Love, Uncle Pat and Pam

jon & chris said...

Love changing those diapers. What a joy to behold!! Good to hear about the weight gain. Keep it up, little ones.
Blessings on your family.
We continue to remember you in our prayers.
Jon and Chris