Sunday, May 11, 2008

My First Mother's Day

I believe in making the most of a difficult situation and so I held my baby girl for an hour and a half this morning, thoroughly enjoying my first Mother's Day. It obviously was not exactly how I pictured it but we had a good time nonetheless, thanks to her wonderful nurses. Zoe had a great day today. She even managed to take some time away to make me a card with her hand prints and foot prints on it. Very cute - she is already a thoughtful little girl. She lost some water weight this week, but is slowly starting to put on real weight and is back up to 2 lbs. 13 oz. We are anxiously waiting for the 3 lb. mark!

8 comments:

Kahrs said...

I am sending you all my love on this very special day. I am so happy that you were able to spend the day with your sweet baby. XOXO, Lex

jon & chris said...

And here's to many more happy Mother's Days to come.

Christina McDonald said...

So happy to hear you were able to enjoy holding little Zoe for a good length of time. Every moment is precious! Happy belated Mother's Day! Hugs, Christina

Michelle said...

Happy Mother's Day, Margo!!

Go, Zoe, go!

Rachel Allen said...

Happy Mother's Day Margo!! Can't wait to hear that she hits that 3 lb. mark.

Charlotte said...

Zoe looks so much more filled out than she was three weeks ago. I loved seeing her search out her mommy's face today. What a strong little girl.

Mark Fuller said...

I saw Zoe today for the first time in a month...wow! So much bigger and stronger. Keep it up Zoe! Sending more love and good vibes over the Tetons!
Love, Mark

SMT said...

Good job ZOE!!!!!!!!!!

Keeping eating and pooping for us.